Through this document, we inform you of the terms under which we will process the personal data you provide us with for the purpose of carrying out and disseminating interviews within the scope of the World Youth Day Lisbon 2023 (hereinafter “WYD Lisbon 2023”). Additionally, WYD Lisbon 2023 informs, through this Policy, about the way in which your name, image and/or voice data collected during WYD Lisbon 2023 will be processed, as the Data Controller.
1. Responsible for the processing of your personal data
- Identification: Fundação JMJ - Lisboa 2023 (doravante apenas “Fundação” ou “JMJ”)
- Collective Person Identification Number: 591 001 420
- Address: Mosteiro de S. Vicente de Fora, Campo de Santa Clara, 1100-472 Lisboa
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Protection Officer contact info: email@example.com ou Rua João Ramalho, 141, 4200-342 Porto.
When processing your personal data, we follow the principles of lawfulness, loyalty, transparency, purpose limitation, data minimization, accuracy, limitation of retention, integrity and confidentiality and responsibility.
The processing of personal data through photographic and videographic capture will be done as follows:
2. Purpose of processing personal data and categories of personal data
We collect and process your personal data for specific purposes, necessary to manage, monitor and eventually disseminate your image and/or voice, exclusively within the scope of WYD Lisbon 2023.
The categories of personal data collected are the following: Image and/or voice of the participants of WYD Lisbon 2023 that appear in the photographs and videos that are captured during WYD Lisbon 2023, which they participate in.
Thus, we process your data for the purpose of collecting and capturing the image and/or voice of participants during WYD Lisbon 2023:
- Editing photos, video and audiovisual pieces and their subsequent dissemination in official WYD Lisbon 2023 media (e.g., website, social network profiles, newsletters and WYD broadcasts), as well as in external media (press) - with the purpose of sharing, informing and publicizing the events of WYD Lisbon 2023, as well as promoting WYD Lisbon 2023.
3. Legitimacy for the processing of your personal data
The legal basis for the purpose identified above are the following:
- Within the scope of disclosing the interviews carried out, the legal basis is the legitimate interest of the WYD Foundation in disclosing and promoting the image and brands of the WYD Foundation, in order to provide greater visibility for WYD Lisbon 2023 and to create a public image of the Foundation WYD and the people associated with it, in accordance with the ideals and values that govern its activity, by publicizing the events it organizes, as well as making known to the general public the events that occur or have occurred within the scope of WYD Lisbon 2023.
- In the context of interviews, the use of name, image, and/or voice has as a legal basis the express consent of the interviewed participants given to the WYD Foundation.
Consent will only be considered valid if it results from a positive, clear act that reflects the free, specific, informed and unequivocal will of the holder, directed to a certain treatment of his personal data. This consent may be revoked at any time, without this, however, rendering the processing of personal data based on this consent unlawful until the date on which it is revoked.
By submitting the data contained in this statement, you confirm that you have read and consent freely, unequivocally and specifically to the process in accordance with this Privacy Statement. In addition, the group leader assumes responsibility for collecting and sharing the personal data of group members that have to be collected and delivered during the interview process, being responsible for obtaining their consent, when applicable, as well as for provision of the information contained in articles 13 and 14 of the RGPD, in accordance with this Declaration, with particular attention to the collection of personal data from children under 13 years of age, which are subject to special protection. Pursuant to Article 8 of the GDPR, the controller makes all reasonable efforts to verify that the consent of children has been given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility for the child, taking into account the available technology.
4. Communication and Transmission of Personal Data
We may transmit your personal data to third parties for the purpose of complying with the legal obligations applicable in each case or in cases where this is necessary for the purposes of the processing of personal data, as indicated above.
In the context of and for the performance of the outsourced services, these third party "Subcontractors” may have access to your personal data, but will only process such data on behalf of and representing the WYD Foundation, always and only in accordance with the express instructions given to them by the WYD Foundation and as a result of the contract concluded between the latter and these service providers.
When the processing of personal data is carried out through external service providers acting as Subcontractors, we follow strict criteria in selecting service providers in order to comply with their data protection obligations, and we commit to enter into a data processing agreement with them, which includes, among others, the following obligations: to apply appropriate technical and organizational measures; to process personal data for the agreed purposes and exclusively in response to the documented instructions of the WYD Foundation; and to delete or return the data to the WYD Foundation after completion of the services.
Taking into account the purposes herein, the data will be transferred to any third party with access to media and communication channels where personal data is reproduced, published, or publicly communicated. Where the reproduction, public communication, or publication of personal data takes place on communication media accessible from any country in the world, such as the Internet, the processing of the data will enable third parties located outside the territory of the European Economic Area to become aware of the personal data.
5. Personality Rights
In accordance with the Portuguese Civil Code, you declare that you authorize the WYD Foundation to use your name, image, and voice in the context of interviews for WYD Lisbon 2023, on the website, social networks, newsletters and broadcasts of WYD Lisbon 2023, as well as in external media (press), for the maximum time legally allowed, free of charge and for all territories of the world, to be used for advertising, commercial or similar purposes legitimately linked to the dissemination of the activity of the WYD Foundation.
The interviewed participants declare that they have read and accept the conditions of processing of their personal data (use of name, image and voice) according to the terms and for the purposes described above.
6. Personal data retention period
For the purposes of pursuing the purposes identified in point 2., your personal data will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above, as long as you do not withdraw your consent or oject to the the processing of the data.
When the basis of lawfulness is consent, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
7. Rights of the owner of the data
As the data owner you have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether
or not any personal data concerning you is being processed and, if so,
to request access to your personal data. The accessed information
includes - among other things - the purposes of processing, the
categories of personal data concerned, and the categories of recipients
or the recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be
disclosed. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data
- Rectification: You can modify your personal data when it is incorrect, as well as complete data that is incomplete.
- Erasure: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data, and we may be required to erase that personal data.
- Objection: In certain situations, you may request that your personal data no longer be processed. In this case, we will immediately stop the processing of your personal data, unless there are legitimate reasons or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of rights in an administrative, judicial or extrajudicial procedure.
- Limitation of processing: You may request the limitation of the processing of your personal data in the following situations: (a) while contesting the accuracy of your personal data; (b) when the processing is unlawful and you have objected to it and requested the limitation of the use of the personal data; (c) when we no longer need to process your personal data, but you need it for the exercise or defense of rights in an administrative, judicial or extrajudicial procedure; (d) when you have objected to the processing of your personal data for compliance with an obligation of public interest or for the satisfaction of a legitimate interest, as long as these legitimate grounds for the processing are found to outweigh your grounds.
- Portability: In certain situations you will be entitled to receive, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, the personal data you have made available to us and obtained from your relationship with us, as well as to transmit it to another entity.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise these rights, you may contact the Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter at Rua João Ramalho, 141, 4200-342 Porto. To exercise your rights, if necessary, we may request that you send a document proving your identity. You must also indicate the right you wish to exercise. The exercise of your rights is free of charge, except in the case of a manifestly unfounded, excessive or repeated request.
Finally, we note that you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados) at www.cnpd.pt.