Through this document we inform you of the terms under which we will treat the personal data you provide us.
The “Fundação JMJ Lisboa 2023” (to be herein also known as the “WYD Lisbon 2023 Foundation” and hereinafter referred to as the "WYD Foundation"), hereby informs you, through this Policy, of the manner in which the processing of your name, image, and/or voice data collected through interviews during the World Youth Day Lisbon 2023 ("WYD Lisbon 2023") will be carried out.
1. Responsible for the processing of your personal data
- Identification: Fundação JMJ - Lisboa 2023 (doravante apenas “Fundação” ou “JMJ”)
- Collective Person Identification Number: 591 001 420
- Address: Mosteiro de S. Vicente de Fora, Campo de Santa Clara, 1100-472 Lisboa
- Email address: email@example.com
- Data Protection Officer contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org ou Rua João Ramalho, 141, 4200-342 Porto.
When processing your personal data, we follow the principles of lawfulness, loyalty, transparency, purpose limitation, data minimization, accuracy, limitation of retention, integrity and confidentiality and responsibility.
The processing of personal data through photographic and videographic capture will be done as follows:
2. Purpose of processing personal data and categories of personal data
We collect and process your personal data for specific purposes, necessary to manage, monitor and eventually disseminate your image and/or voice, exclusively within the scope of WYD Lisbon 2023.
The categories of personal data collected are the following: Image and/or voice of the participants of WYD Lisbon 2023 that appear in the photographs and videos that are captured during WYD Lisbon 2023, which they participate in.
Thus, we process your data for the purpose of collecting and capturing the image and/or voice of participants during WYD Lisbon 2023:
- Editing photos, video and audiovisual pieces and their subsequent dissemination in official WYD Lisbon 2023 media (e.g., website, social network profiles, newsletters and WYD broadcasts), as well as in external media (press) - with the purpose of sharing, informing and publicizing the events of WYD Lisbon 2023, as well as promoting WYD Lisbon 2023.
3. Legitimacy for the processing of your personal data
The legal basis for the purpose identified above is as follows:
- Within the general plans and sound environment, the legal basis is the legitimate interest of the WYD Foundation to publicize and promote the image and brands of the WYD Foundation in order to provide greater visibility for WYD Lisbon 2023 and to shape a public image of the WYD Foundation and the people associated with it, according to the ideals and values that govern its activity, by publicizing the events it organizes, as well as to make the general public aware of the events that take place or have taken place in connection with WYD Lisbon 2023.
4. Communication and Transmission of Personal Data
We may communicate your personal data to third parties for the purpose of complying with the legal obligations applicable in each case or in cases where this is necessary for the purposes of the processing of personal data, as indicated above.
In the context of and for the performance of the outsourced services, these third party "Subcontractors” may have access to your personal data, but will only process such data on behalf of and representing the WYD Foundation, always and only in accordance with the express instructions given to them by the WYD Foundation and as a result of the contract concluded between the latter and these service providers.
When the processing of personal data is carried out through external service providers acting as Subcontractors, we follow strict criteria in selecting service providers in order to comply with their data protection obligations, and we commit to enter into a data processing agreement with them, which includes, among others, the following obligations: to apply appropriate technical and organizational measures; to process personal data for the agreed purposes and exclusively in response to the documented instructions of the WYD Foundation; and to delete or return the data to the WYD Foundation after completion of the services.
Taking into account the purposes herein, the data will be transferred to any third party with access to any media and communication channels where personal data is reproduced, published, or publicly communicated. Where the reproduction, public communication, or publication of personal data takes place on communication media accessible from any country in the world, such as the Internet, the processing of the data will enable third parties located outside the territory of the European Economic Area to become aware of the personal data.
5. Personality Rights
In accordance with the Portuguese Civil Code, you declare that you authorize the WYD Foundation to use your name, image and voice in the context of interviews for WYD Lisbon 2023, on the website, social networks, newsletters and broadcasts of WYD Lisbon 2023, as well as in external media (press), for the maximum time legally allowed, free of charge and for all territories of the world, to be used for advertising, commercial or similar purposes legitimately linked to the dissemination of the activity of the WYD Foundation.
The interviewed participants declare that they have read and accept the conditions of processing of their personal data (use of name, image and voice according to the terms and for the purposes described above).
6. Personal data retention period
For the purpose of pursuing the purpose identified in point 2., your personal data will be kept for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose identified above, as long as you do not express your opposition to the processing.
If you exercise your right to object, the photos and/or audiovisual pieces in which you appear will be immediately deleted, unless there are compelling legitimate reasons for such processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending a right in a legal proceeding.
7. Rights of the owner of the data
As the data owner you have the following rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether
or not any personal data concerning you are being processed and, if so,
to request access to your personal data. The accessed information
includes - among other things - the purposes of processing, the
categories of personal data concerned, and the categories of recipients
or the recipients to whom your personal data have been or will be
disclosed. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data
- Rectification: You can modify your personal data when it is incorrect, as well as complete data that is incomplete.
- Erasure: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to
obtain the erasure of your personal data, and we may be required to
erase that personal data.
- Objection: In certain situations, you may request that your
personal data no longer be processed. In this case, we will immediately
stop the processing of your personal data, unless there are legitimate
reasons or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of rights in an
administrative, judicial or extrajudicial procedure.
- Limitation of processing: You may request the limitation of the
processing of your personal data in the following situations: (a) while
contesting the accuracy of your personal data; (b) when the processing
is unlawful and you have objected to it and requested the limitation of
the use of the personal data; (c) when we no longer need to process your
personal data, but you need it for the exercise or defense of rights in
an administrative, judicial or extrajudicial procedure; (d) when you
have objected to the processing of your personal data for compliance
with an obligation of public interest or for the satisfaction of a
legitimate interest, as long as these legitimate grounds for the
processing are found to outweigh your grounds.
- Portability: In certain situations you will be entitled to
receive, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, the
personal data you have made available to us and those obtained from
your relationship with us, as well as to transmit them to another
If you have any questions or wish to exercise these rights, you may contact the Data Protection Officer via email at email@example.com or by letter at Rua João Ramalho, 141, 4200-342 Porto. To exercise your rights, if necessary, we may request that you send a document proving your identity. You must also indicate the right you wish to exercise. The exercise of your rights is free of charge, except in the case of a manifestly unfounded, excessive or repeated request.
Finally, we note that you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados) at www.cnpd.pt.